Like this on Facebook

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Pine Mountain, GA

I've been really involved in school lately so being able to set up a photo shoot has been tricky, to say the least. However, I'm constantly snapping photos, they can be as simple as quick snap of my dog and cat to trying to capture my surrounds on a hike through the woods. With that being said I wanted to share some images from the small town of Pine Mountain, GA. I travel up there once or twice a year as a quite vacation spot. I mainly go up there to hike and really disconnect from, "real life." to me this place is sort of like a fairy tale town. I normally stay in a cabin located on top of Pine Mountain and it overlooks a large valley. There is wildlife roaming free every where and daffodils grow wild on the side of the road. The only close civilization is a country store/ restaurant on the of the mountain and a very small strip of shops about 10 mins down the mountain from the cabin. To even get to a grocery store such as Publix you need to drive about 30 minutes into Harris county.

The scenery is all woods, but nothing like the Florida swamp that we have here. There are mainly oak trees and old pine trees, everything is relatively dry. Below are some of my favorite snaps from the trip I took last year. I'm gearing up to head that way again by the end of February.

Creative Commons License
Pine Mountain GA by Lauren Gherardi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment