Like this on Facebook

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Inspiration

This year I want to work on revamping my portfolio and find a way to really make it my own. I would like for my work to eventually stand out and be instantly recognizable to people. I want clients, agents, and fans alike to say, "That was shot by Lauren Gherardi" upon viewing the images.  That has always been a goal of mine. There are quite a few photographers out there that have the caliber of work that I am aiming for. Each of them has a strong sense of their own style which only gets enhanced the more work they do.

These photographers have not only managed to truly create their own personal style in still images, but have also found a way for that same style to come across in any videos they shoot. This is impressive because video is a whole other animal compared to creating still images. Especially when it comes to the editing. I'm going to share a fashion film by my favorite photography duo JUCO Photo. They have been a constant inspiration for me over the years. They have a very unique style and yet it has still managed to land them huge clients such as Target, Kohler, and Tide. These brands are considered commercial and JUCO has been able to merge their style into all of their client work. In this short fashion film you can see how they are very meticulous in picking the perfect setting, styling, and model to tell their story. Very much like their still images.





Cabin Fever from 80's Purple on Vimeo.

You can view more of JUCO's work here.
http://jucophoto.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment